MONT DU LAC RESORT VISITOR RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM
FOR THE 2019 SUMMER SEASON
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.
I understand there is no limit as to the number of daily activity tickets Mont du Lac Resort may provide to me during the 2019 summer season once I have signed this Agreement and the following Release of Liability. It is my intent that this Agreement and the following Release of Liability are binding on me each and every occasion which I purchase any ticket under the permission I am granting by this Frequent Visitor Agreement.
I understand that summer sports in their various forms, including mountain biking, disc golf, archery, swimming and waterpark activities/equipment include risks, dangers, and hazards that may cause serious personal injury or death and that injuries are a common and ordinary occurrence. Risks include, but are not limited to, changes in terrain, weather and ground surfaces; roots, steps, steep terrain, bare spots, rocks, stumps, bodies of water, debris, fences, posts, trees, lift equipment and towers, light poles, signs, buildings, ramps, roads and walkways, terrain features, including berms, wall rides, rollers, and table tops and other jumps, including their height, the location of the start point, and the angle of their approaches and the angle and length of their take-off ramps and landing areas, and other terrain features, padded and non-padded obstacles, other participants, ATV vehicles, water slides, mowers, and other maintenance vehicles and operations, and collisions with other persons/bikes, being hit by discs or arrows and other natural and man-made hazards, including collisions with people and obstacles adjacent to and off the rideable terrain and trails, such as snowmaking pipes, hydrants, guns, wands, and other snowmaking equipment, rocks and trees, and improperly-adjusted and malfunctioning equipment. I acknowledge the risks of summer sports can be greatly reduced by taking lessons, following all posted rules, obeying the Wisconsin Alpine Sports Safety Act, and using common sense.
There is no lifeguard on duty at any time at any location.
In consideration of the purchase of a daily activity ticket during the 2019 summer season for Mont du Lac Resort and use of its facilities, I RELEASE AND FULLY DISCHARGE DL SKIING LLC, DL Restaurant, its owners, officers, shareholders, agents, and employees (collectively the “MONT DU LAC RESORT RELEASEES”) from any liability resulting from any personal injury to myself, including death, which is caused by any NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION of any MONT DU LAC RESORT RELEASEE with respect to:
- the design, location, construction, inspection, and maintenance of trails, ski runs, and slopes, including their grooming, maintenance and modifications to their natural steepness and pitches
- the design, location, construction, inspection, and maintenance of rails, boxes, tube jams, table tops, step-up and step-down jumps, and other jumps, including their height, their start location, the angle of their approaches and the angle and length of their take-off ramps and landing areas
- the loading, riding and unloading of uphill shuttles
- trail/course maintenance, mowers, ATVs and maintenance equipment and operations
- the padding or non-padding of natural and man-made obstacles and hazards on, adjacent to, or off the activity trails and courses
- the posting or failure to post warnings, signs, and the construction of fences or other barriers, including the selection of the construction materials, or the failure to construct fences or other barriers
- the classification and labeling of trails, courses, ski runs, and terrain features; and
- the presence of snowmaking pipes, hydrants, guns, wands, other snowmaking equipment, light posts, rocks, trees and service roads on and adjacent to the trails/courses
- the presence of archery ranges and 3-D archery courses
- the presence of waterpark bouncing, rocking, climbing and slide elements and equipment
- the presence of playground equipment and slides
I accept full responsibility for any personal injury which may result from my participation in the sport, and I hereby HOLD HARMLESS the MONT DU LAC RESORT RELEASEES for any personal injury sustained by me, including death, caused by the negligence of any MONT DU LAC RESORT RELEASEE while participating in the sport. I agree not to bring any action or lawsuit against any MONT DU LAC RESORT RELEASEE for any personal injury caused by the NEGLIGENCE of any MONT DU LAC RESORT RELEASEE.
In accordance with Wisconsin law, nothing in this Release should be construed as releasing, discharging, or waiving any claims I may have for reckless or intentional acts on the part of any MONT DU LAC RESORT RELEASEE.
I understand that, for a fee of $100.00 in addition to the normal season pass price, MONT DU LAC RESORT offers an optional season pass that does not require me to sign a Release of Liability. In signing this Release of Liability, I acknowledge I am aware of this option offered by Mont du Lac Resort and hereby waive my right to purchase the same.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS SEASON PASS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE DL Summer alpine sports LLC, DL RESTAURANT, ITS OWNERS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES FOR NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS.
CAUTION: READ BEFORE SIGNING!
THIS DOCUMENT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND WILL BAR YOUR RIGHT TO SUE!